Reduce the risk of medication errors.
If you value your health and independence, you know it's important to take medications exactly as your doctor prescribed. Yet improper medication management and falls can get in the way of independent living, creating stress for you and your loved ones.
Lifeline of the North Bay now offers the simple and proven Philips Medication Dispensing Service that can help. Hear a simple audio reminder and at the push of a button, get your medications at the pre-programmed times.
Sound easy? It is - and it's effective. The Philips Medication Dispensing Service has been proven to deliver a 98.6% in-home dispensing adherence level among monitored subscribers.
How the Philips Medication Dispensing Service Works
You put the senior’s medications into individual cups and load them into the dispenser. Provide the medication schedule to Philips Lifeline and we will program the dispenser for you.
The senior presses the button when they hear the reminder. The dispenser will dispense the medication that you have loaded for the senior, at the programmed times.
The dispenser is connected to the senior's telephone line, so if the senior misses a dose, the dispenser can contact you or another family member. You can then check on the senior to make sure they are getting their medication.
Who Needs the Philips Medication Dispensing Service
The Philips Medication Dispensing Service can help seniors who:
- Have one or more chronic conditions
- Take multiple medications or have complex medication regimens
- - They may want to take medications properly
- - They may have been hospitalized already for misuse of medication
- - They are at risk for complications, hospitalizations, admission to facility for round-the-clock care
- May have cognitive impairment
- Have limited mobility and are at risk for falls
- Require assistance with medication today