Candidate Application to Fill Vacant Board Seat
Interested persons are hereby notified that there will not be an election of board officers on November 3, 2020, as there were not enough candidates for the offices to be contested. Pursuant to Elections Code 10515, nominees Elece Hempel and Jeffrey Tobias have been appointed by the Board of Supervisors to serve as if elected.
One seat vacancy remains which will be filled by appointment prior to November 17, 2020. The person appointed to the vacancy shall serve a four-year term. The seat will then be up for election in November 2024.
Persons interested in serving on the Petaluma Health Care District Board of Directors who are at least 18 years of age and a District resident should fill out the following online application and submit a resume via email by 5pm Friday, October 23, 2020.
PHCD Board Candidate Application
Once you complete the above online form, please submit your resume via email to Ramona Faith at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
"PHCD Board Candidate Application - [NAME] Resume Submission"
If you would like a paper application, please email Halley Cloud at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm Friday October 23, 2020. The Board of Directors will interview candidates at a virtual special board meeting on November 5, 2020 at 5 pm. Applicants must attend this virtual zoom meeting to represent your candidacy and answer board member questions. Applicants are encouraged to meet with Ramona Faith, PHCD CEO, in advance of this meeting.
The Board will make a recommendation to the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors for appointment prior November 17, 2020. The appointed officers will take office in December.
For more information please contact Ramona Faith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is some general information on Board Service:
- Petaluma Health Care District Board is a five-member Board. Members must run for election and are elected by the residents of the District. If a board seat becomes vacant a District resident can be appointed to fill that vacant seat.
- Board Members serve a four-year term. There is no limit to the number of terms a Board Member can serve.
- Prospective Board Members must be at least 18 years of age and a District resident.
- Board Members are not to be absent from three (3) consecutive regular board meetings or from three (3) of any five (5) consecutive board meetings.
- Board Members are expected to participate on Board Committees and Ad Hoc Committee meetings as assigned by the Board President.